< SC 303 | Home | SC 305 >
BEGIN SC 304: 0 - 0
SC 70: 0.7 - 0.7
US 78: 5.2 - 5.9
US 78 Bus: 0.1 - 6.0
Creation: SC 304 appeared in 1939 as new primary routing, running as it does today. This is the only SC 304.
Adjustments: In 1940, SC 304 was extended both directions as new primary routing: south to SC 64; west with US 78 then north with SC 3 within Blackville, then northeast to the Bamberg County line.
In 1941, SC 304 was straightended out onto new alignment in the Hilda area. SC 304 originally used S-6-322 Double Pond Rd, S-6-323 Fox Rd, abandoned routing, S-6-620 Black St, and S-6-35 Delk Ave (this piece became SC 715 later).
In 1942, SC 304 was extended northeast to SC 517 (now S-5-29).
In 1947, SC 304 was truncated to run from Hilda to Blackville. South of Hilda became S-6-14 and north of Blackville became S-6-16 and S-5-37
Improvements: SC 304 was paved from Hilda to Blackville in 1941; no multilane sections exist.
Comment: SC 304 is one of the few primary routes that ends at all secondary roads where geography is not the reason.
Previous: SC 303 |
Next: SC 305
Top | South Carolina Hwy Index Home
Page last modified 20 June 2015