SC 520 
< SC 519 | Home | SC 522 >
SC 520  not currently assigned
Previous SC 520's:

1946 ROUTE LOG
SC 64: 0 - 0
US 52: 4.7 - 4.7
END SC 520: 2.9 - 7.6
SC 520: Appeared in 1936 or 1937 as new primary routing running from US 52 (now S-8-791) Strawberry east to the railroad overpass near Cypress Gardens.
In 1940 (possibly in two stages based on the secondary numbering later), SC 520 was extended west as new primary routing to SC 64 (now US 17 ALT) near Carnes Crossroads.
In 1947, SC 520 was downgraded to S-8-9 east of then-US 52 and S-8-19 and S-8-28 west of then-US 52. All of it is S-8-9 today, except west of S-8-375 the road was completely removed...SC 520 met SC 64 a mile south of where S-8-9 meets US 17 ALT today.

1937 Official
SC 520 appears in Berkeley County
1937 Official
1940 Official
SC 520 extended west to SC 64
1940 Official

 


Previous: SC 519  |  Next: SC 522
Top  |  South Carolina Hwy Index Home

Page last modified 15 May 2015