< SC 284 | Home | SC 286 >
|SC 285 not currently assigned|
|Previous SC 285's:
1953 ROUTE LOG
US 21: 0 - 0 SC 802: 1.2 - 1.2
END SC 285: 13.8 - 15.0
SC 285: Appeared in 1939 as new primary routing, running from US 21 on the east end of the original causeway over the Beaufort River (0.2 miles west of S-7-36) east to just past Frogmore.
In 1940, SC 285 was extended east as new primary routing to the Johnson Creek bridge leading to Hunting Island.
Between 1943-48, SC 285 was straightended out near its eastern end onto US 21's current routing. Today the old route is S-7-766 Olde Church Rd; Langford Rd; S-7-77 Seaside Rd.
In 1954, SC 285 was renumbered as part of US 21. West of SC 802 is now US 21 Business. The old causeway is still driveable to where the US 21/SC 285 transition point was.
Previous: SC 284 |
Next: SC 286
Top | South Carolina Hwy Index Home
Page last modified 23 June 2015